This lovable dachshund pattern would make anyone smile. Moxie the Doxy is a quick, fun and easy pattern with step by step directions, full color photos and helpful tips for creating your own lovable litter of pups. Create your own handmade happiness! This project is suitable for beginners and would make a good sew together project for parents and children.
- body - 2 pieces of fabric1 - 18” x 10”
- legs - 2 pieces of fabric1 - 12” x 6”
- ears - 2 pieces of fabric1 - 7” x 6”
- tail - 2 pieces of fabric1 - 5” x 6”
- coordinating thread **
- linen thread, perle 8 or durable string
- polyester or wool toyfill
- 4 tiny buttons for eyes ***
- 4 buttons ¾-1¼” for legs ***
- sewing machine
- small hand-sewing needle
- 6-8” doll maker’s needle
- sewing machine
- fabric scissors
- disappearing fabric marker or hera tool
- lacquered chopstick or turning tool
- fabric pins (optional)
- pinking shears (optional)
- ¼” or edgestitching foot (optional)
* Quilting cottons, linens and tweeds are suitable for this pattern. Avoid fabrics with give or stretch, as they tend to look unusual when stuffed. Fabric sizes are approximate. Please allow additional fabric for directional prints or fussy cuts.
** When choosing thread, white or cream thread will work for most light colored fabrics. For darker colors, it’s best to select a thread in a shade matching your fabric. If the shade is unavailable, select a thread lighter than your fabric.
*** Safety eyes and embroidery are also suitable alternatives for the eyes. Leg buttons may be omitted. Please see government guidelines in your area regarding small parts and children’s toys.