Wallflowers Quilt Design Contest
Voting here on Threadbias will narrow it down to the Top 5 - then Allison Harris herself will choose her favorite design. The best part? The winner will receive enough fabric to make the quilt top they have designed!
There are 23 fabrics in the Wallflowers collection that you can use to design your quilt. You can use any of them, but you don't have to use them all.
It all starts Jun 17, 2013! Here are the details!
How to Enter
Use the Quilt Design Tool here at Threadbias to design your quilt using the Contest Function.
- When you visit the Quilt Design Tool, the Get Started menu will pop up. Choose the contest at the bottom of the pop-up window and hit "Enter." You'll then be able to choose your canvas size (maximum size 60"x75").
- Your canvas will open and you can work on your design and save your work, even if you are not currently a subscriber. Your palette will be limited to the fabrics in the Wallflowers collection.
- Once you are happy with your design, go to the Contest Menu and choose "Enter Contest/Update Entry." A pop-up will appear asking for the name of the design and a brief description. Fill it out as you choose and hit "Submit." You should see a message letting you know that everything has been saved.
- Once your image is done processing, it will show up in the contest area of the group.
- You may also export your image as a graphic (jpeg) so you can share your design on your own blog
- For help getting started with the Quilt Design Tool, we recommend that you watch these tutorial videos.
- If you have any questions about using the design tool or need help, please visit the Quilt Design Tool forum. We will be happy to offer assistance or answer any questions!
- June 17, 2013 - July 7, 2013: Contest is open for entry!
- July 8 - July 12, 2013: Voting opens. Anyone who is a member of the Threadbias community can vote! Joining Threadbias is always free, and if you don't have an account, you can sign up right here.
July 13, 2013 July 15, 2013: Allison Harris will choose ONE winner from the top five quilt designs (as voted on by the Threadbias community)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many quilt designs can I enter? You can enter ONE quilt design in the contest.
- How big can I make my quilt design? There is no minimum size for your design, the maximum size is 60"x75".
- How many winners will there be? There will be one winner, chosen by Allison Harris from the top 5 designs as voted on by the Threadbias community.
- What can I win? The grand prize winner will receive enough Wallflowers fabric to make the quilt top they designed! (As calculated by the Threadbias Quilt Design Tool.) In addition, the grand prize winner will receive a signed, hard copy of Growing Up Modern from Stash Books & a $25 gift certificate for Pink Castle Fabric. The runners-up will receive a $15 gift certificate from Pink Castle Fabric and an e-book version of Growing Up Modern from Stash Books.
- Do I have to subscribe to the Quilt Design Tool to enter the contest? No, you don't. You'll have access to a contest workspace for FREE. The workspace will be limited to the maximum size for entry and the palette will only contain the Wallflowers collection from Windham fabrics.
- Do I have to join Threadbias to participate? Yes, a free account on Threadbias is necessary to access the contest on the Quilt Design Tool.
- Do I have to join this group? No, you don't, but it is encouraged! You'll be able to stay up to date on entries and announcements and have access to this discussion forum.
- Can I buy Wallflowers fabrics now? Where can I get them? Wallflowers fabrics will be available in September. However, Pink Castle Fabrics is accepting pre-orders.