Congratulations to our winners! Sewneatbycaryn is the winner of the pattern and acrylic template from Tabslot! Bruinbr , Jennifleur , Vbg , and Sixmunchkinstitching have all won a copy of the PDF pattern: The Ornate Mini Quilt!
It's time for another Sewing Summit Giveaway! One of the incredible classes offered at this year's Sewing Summit was a class on piecing curves taught by Christina - also known as The Sometimes Crafter. Her Retro Flowers pattern is beautiful - I've seen so many lovely quilts made from it. For the Sewing Summit she created a new pattern using curves called the Ornate Mini Quilt. I've seen several versions of this finished and I love how many different quilts can be made from one pattern. In addition to creating this pattern, Christina also made a new one-piece template for cutting the curved pieces. It's very clever and innovative - I love that you only ever cut "outside" curves, making it easier to use with any rotary cutter.
For our giveaway today, we have five copies of the Ornate Mini Quilt Pattern donated by The Sometimes Crafter and for one lucky winner, we're including an acrylic template, donated by Jill ( Madeonmainstreet ) of Tabslot! The pattern itself is an awesome prize, and includes a paper version of the template as well as great tips for piecing curves that Christina shared in her class at Sewing Summit. The acrylic template is available for purchase at Tabslot if you prefer. Tabslot also sells templates for the Retro Flowers pattern, as well as hexagons, squares, triangles, and many of the templates needed for the patterns in Elizabeth Hartman's books. Thank you to Christina and Jill for their generous donations!
To enter, click the blue "Enter Giveaway" button at the bottom of this blog post. If you see your name added to the list, you are officially entered. Good luck!
Here are the details:
- Giveaway will run from Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at the time of publication through the end of the day Thursday, October 25, 2012 (10:00pm PST)
- Five winners will be chosen at random and results will be posted on the Threadbias blog on Friday, October 24, 2012
- Each winner will receive one PDF copy of the pattern as described above.
- One randomly chosen winner will also receive an acrylic template for use with the pattern.
- Must be 18 years of age to enter
- Free account required to enter
- Winners will be notified via private message on Threadbias
- If a winner does not respond within one week, another winner will be selected
- If a winner is found to be ineligible based on the above rules another winner will be chosen
All pictures in this post used with permission from The Sometimes Crafter.